Table of Contents
- 1 What Are E-A-T and YMYL in SEO?
- 1.1 Why is this important?
- 1.2 So how can I optimize my website for E-A-T?
- 1.3 What is an E-A-T score? I haven’t heard of that before.
- 1.4 What are some things that experts do to optimize for E-A-T that normal people wouldn’t do?
- 1.5 What are some SEO research tools that experts use to optimize for E-A-T that normal people don’t use?
- 2 What are some unique strategies to help me build authority in my niche?
- 3 What are the hallmarks of, or best practices for, producing quality, well-researched content?
- 4 About the Marketing Center of Excellence
What Are E-A-T and YMYL in SEO?
According to Google E-A-T stands for “Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.” These are three criteria that are incredibly important for determining the quality of a website. YMYL, on the other hand, stands for “Your Money or Your Life,” and is a term used to describe websites that deal with sensitive subjects that can or do have a significant impact on people’s well-being or financial stability – basically, their money or their life. So industries like healthcare, finance, home services, locksmiths and similar fall into the YMYL category for greater scrutiny, validation, and verification.
Why is this important?
Google E-A-T and YMYL are important for online search engine optimization (SEO). They are both factors (with many sub-factors) that Google’s search algorithm identifies when crawling, rendering, and ranking websites in its search results. By focusing on quality content and optimizing your website for E-A-T and YMYL, you will be able to improve your website’s ranking and visibility on Google, which will typically result in more qualified traffic to your site as long as you have your target audience dialed in.
If this wasn’t enough to convince you, this is why paying attention to E-A-T in your content strategy is so important… “E-A-T is used in “every single query” for “every single result” – HJ Kim, VP of Search at Google